PSHE and RSE
At Marton cum Grafton Primary School, we aim to support all children to:
- Develop the skills and knowledge to support success in their future in a diverse and challenging society.
- Respect themselves and others including different types of relationships
- Be aware of their own mental health and well-being and how they can influence this
- Understanding of physical and emotional changes they may currently be facing and to deal positively with these changes
- Have the confidence to carefully consider social and moral dilemmas
- Have a knowledge of available help and how to access it
- Staff will maintain a consistent approach in PSHE and RSE via the use of SCARF resources to plan and deliver engaging lessons where learning is evidenced and assessed from Reception to Year 6.
- Lessons will be delivered empathetically, allowing an environment in which sensitive discussions and questioning can take place.
- Pupils will be taught the correct vocabulary to describe themselves, their feelings and their bodies
Children feel safe in school to enable them to thrive and learn in a positive Christian environment. Children begin to have the confidence, supporting knowledge and understanding to approach challenges throughout life. Children know they have both pupils and staff to talk to if they are worried or concerned.
Teaching and learning about protected characteristics is fully integrated into SCARF through age-appropriate content across the spiral curriculum. Some protected characteristics benefit from in-depth coverage that will give children time to explore the knowledge and attitudes that will help them to develop an appreciation of them.
- Gender re-assignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
Please click on the link below to view the PSHE Progression Map for the school.