At school we are committed to teaching our children about the importance of keeping themselves safe. In today’s modern society, this is particularly prevalent for e-safety and we have a responsibility to teach children how to keep themselves safe when using tablets and other devices, and when accessing the internet.
It is now estimated that 86% of three year olds have their own tablet or device, which is often connected to the internet.
Our INTENT is:
- that our children learn how to keep themselves safe when online.
Our IMPLEMENTATION is:
- Ensure all staff are aware of the dangers of online activity and have the confidence to identify and respond to any situation.
- A dedicated time each week to talk to the children about how to keep themselves safe and establish rules around how to use devices safely.
- Regular discussions and sharing of helpful with parents and carers around how they can help their child to stay safe online.
- Having rigorous E-Safety policies and procedures, which are reviewed regularly.
The IMPACT will be that children know how to use technology safely and are able to seek support when necessary.