Primary PE and Sport Premium Funding 2022/2023
Marton-cum-Grafton CE VA Primary School (Elevate Academy)
Number of children in years 1 – 6 eligible for Sport Premium = 75
Expected Funding: £16,000
plus £10 per pupil aged 5-11 years old: £750
Total funding available for this year: £16,750
Background: In April 2013, the Government announced new funding for Physical Education and School Sport (PESS). This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PESS provision. The funding is ring fenced to be used for sport specific areas to make an impact in Physical Education and Sport in schools.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, including increasing participation in PESS so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
VISION for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is:
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
OBJECTIVE: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
We would expect indicators of such improvement to include:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PESS being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport.